- James Mayhew on his "Katie" picture books which aim to introduce children to art through stories.
- A contribution by Caroline Horn to the debate on publishing age guidance on books.
- An article by Joanna Carey on the Booktrust's campaign, The Big Picture, to promote picture books. As part of this, it has named the top 10 rising talents in illustration - these include Oliver Jeffers, Polly Dunbar and Emily Gravett.
- A discussion of children's literature in the Second World War.
- An interview with Jerry Spinelli, author of the Stargirl books.
- "Classics in short" - Just William.
There are also lots of shorter articles and reviews of the latest titles for children.