Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Film news

Last week, Booktrust published a list of ten favourite children's books made into films. You can see what they were from the slide show below - and all are available to borrow from Jordanhill Library. Do you agree with the choices? Are there other books which were made into better films - or do you just prefer to read the book and imagine the characters yourself?



More films are in the pipeline - Working Title Films and PeaPie Films have acquired the rights to Andy Mulligan's Trash and casting is well under way for the film version of Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games. This has not been without controversy, as the comments to the article show but, as suggested above, many people have their own images of the characters and won't be happy with an actor who doesn't fit that. I have to admit, the chosen actors look a bit too perfect and shiny for me

2 comments:

  1. The first Anne of Green Gables film was pretty good, but they went on to do some very bad things, moving the time period around, etc. I'd rather read the book, although I can see Julie Andrews Edwards Mandy making an interesting film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I'd usually rather read the book too - films are too short to do most books justice. However, sometimes a TV series can be more true to the original. I rememeber a UK TV version of Anne in the 60s or 70s that I loved (even though Anne was played by someone far too old for the part, so I suppose you can get over some miscasting if everything else is good).

    ReplyDelete