Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Class writes its own book!

Picture book author Lynne Rickards had an event at the Edinburgh Book Festival this year, and afterwards she signed a copy of her book I do not eat the colour green for the P2 class at Broughton Primary. When they got back to school, the class decided to write their own book called I only eat the colour green and then they sent it to Lynne who has scanned it and put it on her blog. It's an absolutely fabulous example of a class writing project which any student of primary teaching should certainly take a look at.

We have several of Lynne's books and storysacks in our catalogue - I do not eat the colour green is available as part of The green bag.


2 comments:

  1. Brownie points (or should that be greenie points?) to the teachers at Broughton Primary. I love that book. It's the sort of title that makes other writers say, "Why didn't I think of that?"

    And I'm also popping in to thank you very much for your very kind donation to our Macmillan's World's Biggest Coffee Morning. It was very much appreciated by both myself and my sister, Hilary. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled to get a thank you letter from the class for posting the above article. Now the class has done more writing! See:
    http://tinyurl.com/6fswu53

    ReplyDelete